Wednesday 7 August 2013

A Chance To Act My Age

Something that keeps cropping up in conversation with people (even some of the most sensible elderly members of my church) is that I need to have fun and act silly while there are no great pressures on me to act sensibly. As you may have noticed some of the adventures I have had this year have needed a level of maturity. The need to act more professional at times or simply having to act older in order to cope with being away from home for long periods has helped me to grow. But it always surprised me when I returned home the difference in my behavior  I can act more like a teenager and I can be utterly stupid and laugh at the silliest things just for the fun of it. It made me realize that living my childhood years as a "child" is really important. 
Of course, there is nothing wrong with trying to grow in maturity and do my best to understand as much as I can in adult environments but there is something special about simply acting like a child while I still am one.  I hadn't realized the importance of this until recently.
 My relationship with my my family and close friends is one where I feel completely comfortable to act like a muppet and they will laugh along too. We went on a family holiday in June to Wales, and I laughed so much! We had the opportunity to be a family without thinking of the pressures of life which released us sisters especially to let go of "propriety" and be kids.  Somehow, I believe God delights in his children having fun. I really hope that I can continue to not take myself too seriously and enjoy being immature at times or laugh at things that really aren't that funny. 

Kirsty x

No comments:

Post a Comment