Saturday 8 June 2013

BSFC

Now those ominous letters stand for Birkenhead Sixth Form College which is where I will be attending to study my A levels in September! BSFC is a fantastic college that makes a great step between normal school (not that I went.....home for me) and University. I will be studying Drama and Theater Studies, Geography, English Language, and I still haven't decided between Psychology and Sociology. I am really excited but also apprehensive as this will be my first proper experience of secular education. I am really inspired that I will be able to use the college as a mission field as well as an educational space. The potential in BSFC for Christian input and relational mission is HUGE so please pray that I would be wise in knowing what the needs of the students are and be able to serve them according to those needs. Also, please pray as I learn what it is like in a completely secular environment with teachers who aren't one of my parents ( as it is normally in home-schooling) I am really excited for my subjects but nervous that the style of learning and work load might be a bit over whelming at the start. 
September will be full of new experiences!! 

Kirsty x

1 comment:

  1. We know you will thrive, because your faith and enthusiastic friendly personality will shine.
    Although you feel challenged by a new way of learning,your openness to these challenges will enable you to enjoy all that you do. Let go of achievement and high grades, they are just the reward for hard work and belief in yourself. So, just like Abigail, with God's help you will accomplish all that He sets out for you to do.

    Love you Dad.

    ReplyDelete