Saturday 8 June 2013

Change of Honduras Plans

I have been praying and thinking about my planned mission trip. After discussing with many people, God has seemed to make himself clear. I have realized that my timing has been wrong. I have been so enthusiastic and excited that I have ignored signs of waiting instead of rushing into going to Honduras. I am gutted but realize that God's plans are always better that our own. I believed I had discerned God's will correctly but I think He was saying all along lets just wait a bit longer. I'm gutted that I won't be going this year but feel it is right to wait until next year. 

This change is really hard to get used to after such a long time thinking, praying and planning. I'm finding it quite difficult to understand why God seemed to be calling me to this and then at the last minute pull on the reigns. I hope in time it will become clear and I am confident I will learn a lot from this whole experience. I am still hoping to go next year if the timing is right so please continue to pray. Thank you all for the support you have already given me! It means so much to know that people are praying for me. 

Kirsty x

No comments:

Post a Comment