Monday 13 May 2013

London!

Well I am on the fourth day of my time here in epic London! I am staying in Wimbledon, in flats with several other people who are doing internships with Share Jesus International(SJI). I got in contact with Cath Lyden (organizer of FRESH, see previous blog posts) several months ago to see if there was any chance of me coming down to London and seeing what SJI is doing here. She was really enthusiastic so we arranged the dates. I arrived on the 10th of May and will be leaving on the 25th of May. 

So much has happened already and I feel so welcomed here. The guys who work with SJI are amazing and really kind. Over the course of these two weeks I have been/will be doing activities with the Pentecost Festival PentecostFestival.co.uk and meeting loads of people in different areas of ministry and in different church settings to learn, be encouraged and inspired by their stories. I'm having a great time so far and will post some detailed blogs when the two weeks are finished. I have never been to London before so everything is very new and exciting. Please pray for me and for the things I will be getting involved in. I always miss my family and friends when I am away so prayers for that would be great. 

 Also, prayers for development with my trip to Honduras. There have been some issues with me being under 18 and I'm feeling quite discouraged at the moment about that. They still want me to go and I still feel it is the right thing, but at this stage, I can't see the way ahead very clearly. If anyone has advice or experience in mission for minors and liability for the charities then I would really appreciate it. Thanks prayer warriors! 

Kirsty x

No comments:

Post a Comment